Auquan’s Daily Wrap | 15th March: What you might have missed
Weight Loss Drugs Side Effects
In recent years, weight loss drugs have become increasingly popular. However, experts are now raising concerns about the potential side effects of these drugs, with some studies linking them to serious illnesses such as heart disease and cancer.
- Experts have raised concerns about the potential side effects of weight loss drugs.
- Studies have linked these drugs to serious illnesses such as heart disease and cancer.
- Companies like Novo Nordisk and Panacea are facing scrutiny for their potentially dangerous products.
- 14 Mar | Experts Investigate Link Between Panacea For Fat Shots And Two Diseases
- 13 Mar | TikTok Weight Loss Drugs Raise Concerns Over Side Effects
- 12 Mar | Explainer: New ‘skinny jab’ has been approved by the NHS
India’s Defense Manufacturing
India’s defence manufacturing industry has grown significantly since February 2023. The country is making strides towards becoming a superpower in defence manufacturing.
- India’s defence exports crossed Rs 13,000 crore.
- India is in talks with Embraer and Sukhoi to make small jets locally.
- GE Aerospace is awaiting approval from the US government to undertake fighter jet engine manufacturing in India.
- Global OEMs have been invited to set up manufacturing in India.
- 12 Mar | From Apple to Boeing: India is being put to the test as the new China
- 3 Mar | India in talks with Embraer, Sukhoi to make small jets locally
- 13 Feb | India to soon be world’s largest defence manufacturing base: PM Modi at Aero India 2023
Starbucks Union Busting
In recent years, Starbucks has faced numerous allegations of union busting and anti-union tactics. The company has been ordered to appear before the Senate, and is facing a lawsuit from New York City over the firing of a union organizer. Additionally, Starbucks has implemented benefits for non-unionized workers in an effort to discourage unionization.
- Starbucks was ordered to appear before the Senate in March 2023 due to allegations of union busting and anti-union tactics.
- In September 2022, New York City sued Starbucks for firing a union organizer.
- In September 2022, Starbucks announced new benefits for non-unionized workers in an effort to discourage unionization.
- 14 Mar | Starbuck's Union Busting CEO Is About To Get Grilled In The Senate
- 13 Mar | Barista Union To Ask Starbucks Shareholders To Back Labour Review
- 26 Feb | ‘Old-school union busting’: how US corporations are quashing the new wave of organizing
While you’re here…
Thanks for reading! Portfolio managers use Auquan’s Portfolio Intelligence Engine to understand, track, and minimize risks — and identify hidden opportunities.
Expand the scale and scope of your research and focus only on high-value analysis so you’re always prepared to act ahead of the market.
Visit www.auquan.com to schedule a demo.